This vacation came about because I wanted to a) take the kids back to Disneyland and b) see Alcatraz. So when I found a cruise itinerary that began in LA, went to San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, and ended in Vancouver (such an easy hop home!) I was sold. I even convinced some extended family to come along.
A few highlights:
– being at Disneyland for May the Fourth (a bunch of cast members formed an honour guard of lightsabers at the entrance to Tomorrowland, which was pretty cool)
– seeing the polar bears, koalas, and giant panda at the San Diego Zoo
– participating in multiple rounds of trivia competitions on the ship (although we peaked early…our first game was our best, and it went downhill from there)
– learning some new line dance routines
– beating my teenager at a game of 21
– sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge
– touring the cell blocks at Alcatraz
– getting amazing views from the Space Needle
– marvelling at the brilliant glass creations at the Chihuly Gardens
– getting me and my hubby, kids, parents, brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew all together in the dining room for a nice meal (a lady from the next table actually complimented us on how well-behaved the kids were.
A successful trip!